Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 1 large pre-rolled sheet butter puff pastry
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 4 Beurré Bosc pears, halved and cored
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup thin cream
- 40 g finely grated gruyere
- Cracked peppercorns, pink and black
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line the prepared tin, a shallow 20 x 34cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with a removable base, trim away any excess. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
- Remove for the refrigerator and cover pastry base with baking paper, fill with pastry weights and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh under cold running water and drain on kitchen paper. Slice the pears. Arrange the pears and asparagus in the base of the pastry case.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, cream and cheese together and pour over the pears and asparagus. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the peppercorns.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a crisp salad.