Skip to content
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced or crushed)
- 1/2 Large Jalapeño (chopped finely)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1 Red Capsicum (diced)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock (or chicken)
- 1 can Black Beans (or Red Kidney Beans)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to Season
- 1 Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbs chopped Coriander
- Heat Olive Oil in a large deep walled fry pan or skillet.
- Sauté the Garlic, Onion and Jalapeño until it starts to brown.
- Add the Quinoa, Vegetable Stock, Zucchini, Capsicum, Black Beans, Diced Tomatoes, Corn, Chili Powder, Cumin and a pinch of salt. Stir to mix well.
- Bring the liquid to the boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook, covered, for 20 minutes, until the Quinoa is cooked through. Stir halfway through cooking to ensure Quinoa cooks evenly.
- Serve with diced Avocado tossed in Lime Juice and Coriander.
- This dish freezes extremely well (minus the Avocado) 🙂